Monday, January 26, 2009

Back Stage of a Dog Show – 4º Chapter “Dog Show”


Continuing our last three weeks topics with the start at the Planning of a Dog Show, following List of Items necessary to take to a Dog Show, and finally Final Preparations we now go to the event itself.

As you can imagine a seven hour drive trip is not easy and when we drive alone, more difficult it becomes. But having dogs with you make thinks more enjoyable since you have to stop more times, walk with them and give them water, so in the end, the trip seams more light and enjoyable.

Anyway, like I said in the beginning of this set of posts, the main goal of this dog show is to achieve the long desired C.A.C.-Q.C. that give us, together with three C.A.C. the most wanted title of Champion of Portugal (CH PT) and so this dog show is extra important, since is one of three along the year that give us that chance.

Of course this means that everyone that desires the title, is there to try also to win, and that creates more competition and more difficult to get it.



For my enormous joy, Angel, my Red Merle Australian Shepherd was one of the ones granted with this prize.

And like in all of this important occasions a special thanks to some people is in order.

To our veterinarian, Dr. José Carlos of Zoolagos, that has the patience for all my questions and naughty behavior of my four leg children.

To our handling teacher, Joana Gonçalves, that has the patience to keep teaching and incentive me to continue going to this events.

To our training center, CIC Lagos, where my Angel goes to take out her stress and enormous energy.

And finally to this occasion washer and groomer that took the mud and dirt out of my dogs (and this time they were really dirty) Mr. Carlos Alves from Myfriend Petshop.

And finally I personally give a thank you to God who grant me the pleasure of sharing my live with this small four leg people who stand everything of their owner.



No comments: