Thursday, October 21, 2010

State Budget 2011 - a reality


With great apprehension I have seen, heard and even dream about our nation state!

Because I am the sole provider in my house and doing every month gymnastics to our income in order to keep providing, I am worried about the future cuts to our budget and future increase to our expenses, and therefore have to make decisions, perhaps severe within my family.

It is easy to read, talk and even suggest austerity measures to others, but when they reach to our door, it is a different story.

I am not the only soul to cry out for social justice and above all, to cry out to all of those that are taken decisions about our lives, stating that wages above 700 € are too high, should be the first to try to live and support their families with that amount.

Anyway ...

In front of this facts I am thinking, if in 2011, when the year starts, with less money and more expenses in basic needs, like food, water, gas, electric, school (yes, since my sun only has public school until 13 h), social pass, diesel, where am I going to stretch once more ?

At this point, people that wish me and my sun well, ask (yes, once again) if “it is time to reduce my dog number ?”

Since I am a mother and I fear to look in the future to my Sun and say I don’t have hot water for him to take a bath, or in worst case, give him to eat … also … I start thinking … “is it that time ?”

Anyone who knows me, knows that I've been through a divorce, several job changes, several house moves and two major changes in area of residence, health problems and have always achieved (yes sometimes better, sometimes in worst conditions) to keep my four leg family.

But …

Lets face our national reality … for sure I am not the only one to face budget and psychological stress of a uncertain future (no one guarantees that this measures are the solution, for the contrary), so, even those that do like the monkeys (not see, listen, and talk) will also face on 2011 the consequences of all that is happening (no my friends, it will not go away).

Well if it isn’t me that for years lived, fought and shared the good and the bad with my four leg family, that I love, who is ? and this, my friends, is the reality of it …

Oh yes, some clame that there are those that have better conditions … can pay better food … that … and I answer yes, there is, but that can’t be so next year when the economy stops and more people become unemployed … and them ? wasn’t I who make the promises to my dogs to keep in their side until they die ? so will not be on me the responsibility of what happens to them in the future ? … oh yes … maybe the abandon and passage of responsibility to others (so typical of our rulers) isn’t the solution.

It is very annoying to have consciousness, isn’t it ? I wish this country was rule with the some level of consciousness …

So my friends, soup for the two leg members, economic ration for the four paws, electricity, water and gas on the minimum (one bath per week … ) and really nothing of nothing of extras may be the solution.

So, once again I am appealing, don’t abandon your pets and don’t deliver then to the kennels, they are your responsibility and a responsibility that one day you took !


No comments: